UPVC Door & Window Lock in Blackpool & Fylde Areas
There are number of reasons why a UPVC Door or Window lock will need repairing if it is broken or damaged, you will either be able to fix the problem or you might need a replacement. Please click here to contact us and we will be able to advise you on the best solution.
UPVC door and window locks are commonly found on your common domestic homes front & back doors, and also can be found on french and patio doors. As an MLA approved locksmith we deal with the below problems on a daily basis and will be able to help you:
1. Key does not go all the way in or will not turn
If the key does not go into the lock cylinder (sometimes called euro lock) all the way in, or the key will go in and not turn usually this is a euro cylinder failure. So this part needs to be replaced once the door has been opened.
Reason for this
Common reasons this happens are usually because the euro lock worn, a cheap lock has been fitted, the key has been left on the inside and lock operated from other side and the lock is now out of sync, or general wear and tear.
Upgrade out of date multi point locking mechanisms
Our locksmiths can usually upgrade any out of date upvc multi point locking mechanisms for the higher security, hook and bolt style higher security locking units. Helping also usually as well with high security door furniture (e.g. security handles and the latest offerings of euro profile locking technology with anti snap, bump, pick, drill locks available today.
Common types of security on upvc/composite locking units consist of:
- Roller Cam
- Mushroom Cam
- Hook & Pin
Door or Window will not Lock
- Window or door strikes are not in the correct position to allow the mechanism to reach the fully locked correct position or handle to reach maximum lift position to allow the key to turn on upvc/composite doors.
- Hinges may require adjusting to allow correct fitting of door and frame or window and frame.
Have a problem with the door not locking?
- Rubber surrounding window or door not sitting correctly.
- Mechanical failure of part either locking mechanism in window or door, euro cylinder or hardware problem with broken or worn lock furniture usually (locking window handle or upvc door handles).